Thursday, April 26, 2007

My little guy...Toby


My poor little guy.....Toby had a papilloma (skin growth, wart) on his head...the night before last he was playing too rough and it started to bleed.... needless to say...what a mess. Andy stayed home yesterday and we took the little guy to the vet..He is now minus one huge wart (8 stitches).....one bad molar...caught up on all his shots and heartworm....has 2 kinds of medicine....all to the tune of a staggering 456.00 !!!!!!!!! Holy OUCH !!!!!!
While Toby was at the doctors An moved all the albums out of the studio closet for me...YES! So...now I have some more space to fill up with art stuff! It is simply beautiful today....supposed to be in the 80's....I'm keeping a close eye on Toby ....I took that 'elizabethean'collar off of him....it just drives him so crazy..plus it was so large that he couldn't eat or drink. He's a good smart dog...and knows better than to scratch those stitches open...BUT...I'll be watching him close...he can help me arrange the studio closet..and work out in the sunshine today!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Aaaww! big hugs to Toby. I'm sure he will feel better in a day ot two.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Aaaaww poor little guy. He reminds me of my Rox, he had one on his head too....it seemed like a second ear. We finally had it removed, he was with us a few more years. He's been gone 10 months now and sorely missed! I watched him like a hawk too…..but they can’t even rest properly with that darn cone on! Look at his adorable face, I could just hug him. This is the longest I have been without a dog in 30 years. Oprah had a show on dogs yesterday and it is weakening me….Don’t show me any puppies right now…. I am so vulnerable.

Hugs for you and Toby!
Sherrie

12:54 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh I'm sorry Toby...I hope you don't hurt too much...!

I have a Molly, and she is our baby! I pains me when shes sick.

Hopefully Toby will feel better soon.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

>>>Toby<<< Poor baby! You must put me in touch with your vet up there for my little white maltese ;) $456...ouch! Nikki just had 8 teeth pulled. What is it with little dogs and teeth? XXOO

8:39 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Oh poor Toby! He looks so sad!

Good for you to get some more space for your art! I bet that really feels great!

9:48 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Eke! I know the pains of vet bills, it's shocking but always well worth it. Poor Toby. Watch for him to want to scratch as the stitches start to heal. If you can keep Neosporin on it & keep it on there, it won't itch as bad in the healing time. Poor Toby Baby had a lot going on!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License