Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Things Friday


an afternoon with friends in a summer garden
a beautiful old book crammed with scraps of past and present pleasures:dried flowers, postcards, fabric samples
the silent wish you make
lollipops
a single flower meaning more than a dozen
the old cabbage-rose pattern
bedtime snacks
looking out a bus window
free road maps
soaking in a scented tub
"ringers" on playgrounds
sunup and sundown colors
those moments that go beyond words
water ballons
assorted paper
cats sitting in the sun with eyes closed...but not sleeping
drying flowers
baby bird time
the beat of a drum
the pure promise of dawn
the buzzing of bees
the soft, new green of a garden pea fresh from its pod
a beautiful state of mind
long hair
paper airplanes
I wish I could take this day and bottle it and send it to everyone...it is simply perfect! Its already warm outside....supposed to be in the mid to high 80's.......I've been working like mad to get the studio finished...it looks like a hurricane went through it...I'm going through all the boxes in the closets....and rearranging....throwing away...giving away....and organizing...it takes a LONG time! I hope to be done today. Toby is coming along fine...he is feeling much better....life is Good!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

It's gorgeous here too! Spring cleaning...cool! Tammyndavid@frontiernet.net XXOO

9:43 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

It's amazing how much energy we can find to do chores when the sun is shining, it makes every thing seem better.
As always your friday list is fabulous.
Hugs to Toby...
xx

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Friday lists, Vicci. You are such an incredibly observant and grateful woman. Every time I read your lists, it's like a little nudge, reminding me to take time and notice everything around me and soak in the joy as you do.

Love your Goddess of Roses! Beautiful lady!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Oh Vicci! It seems like forever that I have read your Happy things Friday list!

You always inspire me to look at things that I would not have other wise done so.

You are a sweet lady!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

that sound like a magical day .. I wish you could bottle it too!

9:51 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Hahaha I always love your Happy Things Friday!
Weathers good here too & the rain we need should come in a couple of days. Let the flowers grow!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License