Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Things...and Cherry Blossoms


sweet pea or daisy
not taking life that seriously because it's here to be enjoyed
babies' name bracelets
"once in a blue moon"
newborn puppies with trip-over ears
buying a book and getting lost in a new topic
shades of pink and yellow
chasing an ice-cream truck and feeling like a kid again
the clap of thunder
secret formulas
each inch of a garden revealing some new life
someone understanding enough to hug you soft and close when you cry, and kiss away your tears
the hokey-pokey
the shadows of deep water
white
rainwater on green leaves
winks
granny nighties
a sense of serenity
midnight motorcycle rides
old teddy bears
the toot of a train
eating breakfast on your front stoop
a camp breakfast
searching out a piece of solitude and refreshing yourself with the sound of absolutely nothing
*****************************
Another Friday!!! We are getting the house ready for painting today....tomorrow is the BIG day....Spent yesterday getting supplies...busy...busy....I'll be glad when all the painting is done! I'm going to sneak into the studio right now and try to make some progress on my projects...while it's peaceful and quiet...hope everyone is able to carve some peaceful quiet time out for themselves today..even if it's only for a short time....enjoy the weekend! I'll keep you posted on the "painting party".....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Have a fun weekend Vicci. I hope you guys get everything done.Be sure to post photos as it sounds like fun (work, I know, but with the whole family chippig in, it's sure to be a laugh).
As usual I love your Friday lst..!
Hugs
xx

5:35 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Rain water on green leaves. Now you have me there. What a list.
I have one thing on my FRiday list;'
Moon Stars and Paper.
Yup, it is you!!!!
xoxo

7:35 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

we all need little peaceful quiet times, but it always seems to be the last thing on our lists...
I love this fridays things - wonderful to read...
hope all is well in your part of the world xoxo

12:41 AM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

ps - do you ride a motorcycle?

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hear the paint brushes working away, from across the miles. I hope it is staying dry up there for you to get the job done.

Maryellen

12:57 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I am with Blue! It is definitely you on my Friday List!

Hugging you!

3:37 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

I always love your lists!
Granny Nighties are so under-appreciated! I love them...so very comfy & IMHO, quite oh-la-la!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License