Monday, January 08, 2007

Loving Old Photos


Yes.....I have TONS of old vintage photos...this one particular album that belonged to my Grandmother is thick...crammed full of photos...usually 6-9 photos on each page depending on the size...the outside of the photo album says 1915-1945...My Dad was born in 1916...that's alot of photos to scan...plus I have to go slow because lots of the photos are so fragile...I try to do a few everyday...There are still lots more after this one!
This one is My Great Grandmother and my Great Aunt Lillian. I just LOVE looking at the clothes...shoes...hats...the backgrounds...sometimes I sit and stare at one photo for so long...I study the faces...every little detail...I put stories together with them....and wonder (like in this picture)...Where are they? I wonder where they are going??? and what for???? I believe I heard one time that my Great Grandmother had a bad hip....that would explain the cane! I consider myself so lucky to have these photos...and to be able to see with my own eyes a little slice of my family's history...I also say a silent thank-you every time I look at them to my Grandmother for being such a camera crazed picture taker...I do remember growing up..and at every family gathering...or everytime we went out to visit her at her ranch...she would always have her camera near by...and she would always be "rounding us up" so she could snap a photo! I find myself doing the same thing...(much to everyone's moans and groans)...Well...they can moan and groan all they want...someday maybe...when I'm long gone..Ty will be looking at all the old photos that her "Mom-Mom" took...and she will say a silent thank-you to me for doing the very same thing as my Grandmother did before me...TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

That's a lot of photos Vic...
This is excellent quality.
I love taking photos, and I haven't been taking as many lately.
These black and white ones are really special though.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some amazing pictures, Vicci, and a wealth of them at that!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Danielle Muller said...

lovely photo...i totally agree with you about taking lots of photos. my kids think i am nuts...but who cares. someday they will look at them and realize.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love all of the photos your posting, and thank Goodness for Grandmother. I am like that too, every moans when they see me with the camera, and now that I have the new one they know its just going to get worse. Keep on sharing them girlie,,they are great!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License