Monday, January 08, 2007

ART



This is what I made yesterday! It is a Morton's Salt box. I was looking at some of my books...and came across the Somerset Workshop 2 book...found all these wonderful creations by Sandra Evertson...this is just one of the them. I emptied my salt box into a jar...and started to make this.....behind the little dancer are mirrors....In the book she also has projects for using soup cans...mustard jars...matchboxes..all kinds of cool things!
Today I'm going to work on some 4x4 chunky book pages for a swap that the talented Patti Gramza is hosting through our group Creative Journeys....(Patti's link is on my sidebar).....I also joined a swap doing altered postcards...I noticed that I feel so much more focused if I have projects to complete...otherwise I'm too scattered...and get too many things going at once...I've been gathering ribbon...fibers...and all kinds of little goodies.I have some fabric projects in my mind that I want to do...just have an urge to do something on the sewing machine.....I've also been trying to find the new Somerset Studio and the new CPS magazines....I cannot find them anywhere in this town...and it's driving me nuts!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Love it...!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

What a fortunate Mortons Salt box. This is lovely. You never cease to amaze me. Did I tell you Amanda did a embelished/altereed box for Sara for Christmas, based on her experience of making just 3 ATC's. She dove in head first and it came out wonderful. She decoupaged it even.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it reflects on my weirdness, but I can remember being three or four years old and thinking that the girl on Morton Salt box was the most beautiful girl in the world. That was, of course, before I saw what you created.

This is beautiful, so lush in color and detail! Amazing project, Vicci!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle Muller said...

just beautiful!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Don't worry girlie,,you will have those mags by next week. I Love the shakers,,so beautiful. I am in Patti's swap and so is Mom.
And in Jane's postcard swap.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License