Friday, November 17, 2006

A Happy Thankful Friday!!!!!


1. puttering around the house
2. crayolas plus imagination
3. opera
4. the company of a mountain
5. animals of intelligence: porpoise, fox, pig, chimpanzee, orangutan, elephant, gorilla, dog, beaver, horse, sea lion, bear, and cat
6. chicken pot pie
7. lines from favorite movies or poems.
8. singing to the radio when you drive
9. Winnie-the-Pooh, Christopher Robin, Kanga, Baby Roo, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet
10. musty old books
11. postcards from friends dear and far
12. not being too grown up for anything.
13. a thick mattress pad, soft feather pillows, fresh flowered sheets, cotton comforter, and lace bed skirt.
14. the giving of gifts
15. love and kisses
16. learning to fly
17. singing in the rain
18. soft, worn jeans
19. holiday cookies
20. a village street c. 1890, with old bricks, wrought iron, bay windows, and antique stained glass at the entrance of stores.
The secret is ......read every single one of these "happy" things....and IMAGINE them in your mind.....they will no doubt bring a SMILE to your face!!!!!!!
I am especially happy today for being able to bake cookies all week...work on homemade Christmas ornaments....that everyone in my family is healthy....meeting new friends on my blog...swapping art with friends....and being surrounded by beauty....(the mirror in the photo above is one of my favorite things and hangs on the wall in the bedroom).
I am also HAPPY about being able to plan another WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING with my family and friends....there was once a time..when I didn't know if I would ever get to see another Thanksgiving....or see the bright shiny faces of the people I love....or...be able to create the art that I LOVE so much....YES...today I am full of a GREAT BIG THANK-YOU!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 'deco' style mirror Vicci!
We all have so much to be thankful for. It is the simplest things that give me pleasure, and that I am most grateful for. Like yesterday afternoon, when I picked baby 'O'(Blue Spa Girl's Daughter)up from school, and she sat in back of the van and described to me the best sunset she had ever seen. She is 6! The things money can't buy, but stay with you forever. Your list was great, very original. Have a great weekend! xo

9:34 AM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Ah it is really a pleasure to meet one who appreciates the many blessings in life!
"When you're an open door that's never closed to possibilities, you'll be totally receptive to the abundance that's always ceacelessly flowing."..that's what sits on my desk as I type! :)

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is so much warmth and goodness in your words, Vicci.
I'm thankful to be your friend...
:-)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a lovely list of things Vicci, I must learn to "recognize" more, it always seems I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and therefore miss out on the more wonderful things right around me. You are an inspiration!
XOXO

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that mirror!!! And I always enjoy your lists on Fridays. They always make me stop and think. Thanks for doing them.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License