Saturday, September 09, 2006

Girl Day

Oh Holy Smokes!!!!! I was looking for photos yesterday for Tony's birthday...and this was in one of the OLD albums!!!! I had just turned 21.......the main reason I posted it was....Check out the poncho thingie.... They are (back in style).....look at the short skirt!!!! and check out the shoes!!!!! I don't think that shoes ever really go "out of style"....Speaking of stylin...had a fun day yesterday! Cecilia treated me to lunch..we both had taco salads...then we went to this funky little shop that's in this woman's basement...she has all kinds of cool stuff...I bought a blank journal that I will alter...and a new pair of earrings!!! Cause...I had my ears REpierced today!!!!! Then we went over to Cecilia's house .... she trimmed my hair (cut off all those split ends)...and we colored it!!! Same color blonde...only lighter...plus bought new eye shadow (green)...eyeliner...lipstick!!!! It's been years since I got anything like that!! Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it! We both decided that we want to "look better"....so we "feel better"...next....we will buy a new outfit! (instead of funky old jeans....t-shirts....and birkenstocks).....then we will think of somewhere to go!!! This is just for "our girl-selves"....so we don't feel like were getting "TOO FAR over the hill"! If nothing else...we had a FUN GIRL DAY....Cecilia's been one of my BEST friends since High School!!! Just for awhile yesterday....it felt like we were STILL in High School....talking...laughing....messing with each other's hair...eating...shopping.....I'm so HAPPY and GRATEFUL that we still are in each other's LIFE!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

You go girl! Getting yourself all snazzed up. I remember this lil 21 year old hottie. So cute, cute, cutieeeeeee.

I bought you sumping this morning before I go hiking in a few minutes. It is something for your studio. You are just gonna love it to death. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, because I want to watch your face and hear you sounds when you get it. It is awesome I think.

OK, my Pooch is here, and we are off the the mountains. YIKES!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

The photo of you is just so cute. And I know exactly what you mean about getting things for yourself to look nice. I mostly run around in jeans and tees or sweatshirts and every once in awhile I long for those days when I used to spend a lot of time on myself. It's great that you and your friend can do those fun things together.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Marina of Printable Expressions said...

Hey you! Sounds like you had an awesome day...Girls sure can make a great day out of just the simplest things. You sound pretty happy... Love the pic of you too.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

ooh I had a poncho too! and a skirt just the same - my shoes were blue though. I tell ya, we could have been twins :)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Now I do love those shoes girlie!! And the poncho,,I love ponchos. I still have one that my Mom crochet for me when I was 12. It has all the autumn colors in it and I wore it all the way through my High School years,,I Love old pictures. But all my old pictures I am so skinny in them,,wish I was still that way. lol
Have a great sunday!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Babsarella said...

Love the photo and sounds like you had lots of fun!!!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License