Friday, March 10, 2006

Missing My Mom

I am missing my Mom so much today!!!! I miss her EVERYday..but some days are worse than others. This picture was taken MANY years ago...but it is one of my very favorites...and one that I have on my dresser. I miss so many things about her....how we use to talk all the time...her laughter...her voice....her nickname for me which was "Sis"...or "Hon".... I miss how we use to get the giggles and just laugh and laugh...I miss her cooking...and hearing her tell me stories of her past....I miss her beauty..(she had the most beautiful skin)...I miss taking her EVERYwhere..(she didn't drive).....especially shopping and out to lunch or dinner....I miss spending holidays with her...and listening to music with her..we would sing and "Sashay" around the house...I miss talking to her about BOOKS...she loved to read (as I do)..and we use to read the same books and then discuss them...I miss her always supporting my ART....I miss her telling me that I looked nice..or she liked my shoes...or my hair...I miss her taking care of me when I was sick...(bringing me chicken soup and 7-up in bed)...I could go on and on....and I'm sure most of you know EXACTLY what I mean...it's just one of those "MISSING MY MOM DAYS"....
I did bake the oatmeal raisin cookies...and the entire house smells like roasted garlic because of the pork roast in the oven...I cut little slits into the meat and stuffed pieces of garlic in them...salt and pepper and butter...then wrapped the whole roast in tin foil...it is baking now at a slow 300 degrees. I had to rush out this morning between the rain and snow and hail to get the sauerkraut....but I made it just in time...it has been raining...hailing...snowing...all day long and bitter cold...brrr.....hope everyone is having an awesome Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License