Monday, August 13, 2007

Patricks Berry Farm/ My Summer






Hello Sweetie Pies......I have been so busy lately...just enjoying the wonderful Summer we are having...I have not been in my studio for more than maybe 15 minutes in over a month...and...I have not been spending too much time at the computer either....maybe I have needed a break from both!
I have been spending lots of time outside working in the garden and among the flowers....watching the hummingbirds...and enjoying the perfect summer weather. I have also been spending lots of time with my family....animals.....and doing lots of summer reading. Andy and I have been on a movie kick lately...so I've seen lots of good movies...and... my Dad and I have been busy keeping tabs on a sea voyage of 1000 days...his dream has always been to build a boat and sail the seven seas....and believe me...I would go with him in a heartbeat!
I've made lots of jam this summer from the fruit off of our apricot and cherry trees....and just this past weekend Andy and I went raspberry picking at Patricks berry farm..( pictures above and below)....which is right up the road from where we live...our garden is doing wonderful...since I have lots of fresh veggies I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen.....
I have also started a walking program...I clip one of those little pedometers on my pants and strive to walk at least 10,000 steps a day....the little booklet says that this is a great and easy program to get you started on your lifetime walking "habit". The 10K-A-DAY program is to walk 10,000 steps a day (which exceeds the Surgeon Generals's physical fitness recommendations of 30 minutes of exercise three times a week). When you accomplish this, you will be burning more calories...and, walking your way to HEALTH. Since I like to walk...but HATE to exercise...I figured I would stick to this routine!
The Sierra Art Affaire that was held here in Placerville kept me busy.....and my camera always motivates me....Ty is with me today..we will no doubt spend some time in the pool since she starts back to school (5th grade) on Wednesday! ( I can hardly believe that).....that's pretty much it in a nutshell.....I hope all of you are enjoying the summer as much as I am....XXXXOOOOO

11 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh how lucky you are Girlie!!! I am back at work and hated it. Not only are when in the middle of a heat wave,,my office air conditioner doesn't work and I am melting. I keep hoping I can hit the lottery one day real soon. Love your pics,,have fun with TY,,she will be grown before you know it.
Hugs
xoxoxoxooxoxox

10:50 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Your summer sounds wonderful! Except for that kitchen part!!:-)

I love fresh berries but sometimes picking them can be a chore especially when there are lots of chiggers....but that was back in IL so maybe they don't have them out here.

11:47 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Loved the update Vicci. Sometimes a break from art and blogging is needed just to enjoy all the others things, like walking...

I really enjoyed your photos...so fun to come here.

sandy

12:26 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

I'm so glad you are having a nice summer....love all the pictures, and the berries ....so many kinds.

Love your walking routine..that's great.
PS if you will email me your phone number, I'll call you on my way to Tahoe the end of the month.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUTTON said...
I agree, what a perfect summer we are having! nothing beats the fresh produce from the garden or the eggs fresh from the chicken's as, you know what I mean! smiling
love you, Button

4:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Oh, yum! I want to be your berries! Made into wonderful perserves and reminding everyone of my flavor when they taste it!

Fresh Colorado peaches were in our stores last week. They don't usually ripen this early, but the weird spring made them weird in how they are ripening, I guess. They were so good. When the children were home I used to make peach jam every summer! Mmmmmmmm, good.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I'm really yearning to move now! Berries look good and what a great way to spend the day. Congrats on the walking lady...woohoo! Enjoy Ty day too.

Love Tammy

PS Can you send me the name of your camera?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

Hi Sweet potatoes~
Glad you are enjoying your summer. Love your photos, as usual.
Are you doing any cookie baking with those fresh berries?
xo
Blue

12:49 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Sounds like your summer is busy and productive. You seem to find the time to do so much. Raspberries are my favourite, with just a little sugar and fresh cream..Yummy..!
hugs xo

5:02 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Sounds like you are taking time to refocus. I like that. The walking program sounds interesting. Exactly how easy or HARD is it to take 10K steps.

10:52 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Yum,yum, yum....I could eat them all right of the vine!
love it!
When i was a kid I had 'special' boots just for the blackberry fields... so delicious!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License