Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A House of Cards






The world's largest ATC exhibit, and one of the first in the United States, was held at the Columbus Center for Book and Paper Arts. The exhibit, "House of Cards"....ran from July to December 2005 at the center.
The exhibition's goal was twofold...having artwork that inspires, makes us think.....is beautiful and/or well crafted, and the artistic participation of people, of all levels, from all over the world.
Over 500 artists from 13 countries contributed to the House of Cards exhibit. There are 2,500 cards displayed...submitted by artists...designers...paper crafters...quilters...calligraphers, and others.
For more information visit...www.europeanpapers.com
Seeing all of these wonderful ATC's together was fabulous! Lisa Ohmer owner of European Papers displayed her exhibit at the Cary House here in Placerville. The Cary House is a beautifully restored old hotel on Main Street.
Andy and I looked at the exhibit for hours....I took tons of photos. Lisa also was selling lots of goodies from her shop....( I couldn't resist that)....

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

Hey Vicci: It's been a little crazy the last couple days...sorry I've been behind reading your post and commenting.
Thanks for including me in your prayers...saw that on Shaz!
Love and Hugs
Wanda

4:09 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

2500 would be pretty overwhelming! Where is the Columbus house that this huge display was at? Sorry I didn't make it up Saturday. I absently mindedly trimmed my toenails the day before - which always lays me up for about 5 days. So no go for me. But I feel like I was there with all your posts about it. Looks like a good time was definitely missed by me, but had by you and your friends.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

OOOOOhhh , Tasty cards! What fun. You lucky sweet potatoe!
Hope you enjoyed the show.
xoxo
blue!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...that looks so cool and I bet it was awesome seeing all those atc's.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vicci,
Great art! I saw the exhibition in one of my craft magazines...I would have loved to go.
Can you email me? I think I have an old email address for you. I think you gave me the new one...but I can't find it.
Jane
PS if you don't have my email address...post it at the site.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, I have always wanted to see the House of cards,,that is an amazing exhibit. I know you really enjoyed that!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxooxo

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License