Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Box of Milagros (Art Affaire)





Thursday's class...Box of Milagros..... taught by Beckah Krahula.....(photo above)
Judy....Vicci...Beckah....Jenny...Roberta...Yvonne... Gina.......
This class started at noon and went all day until 6pm...then we all walked just a few steps up the street to Tomei's for dinner....I didn't get home until after 10pm.....one full of information....full of food... tired girl! The class was fabulous! I learned to do "Reposse" on metal.....I made "milagros". Anyone not knowing what milagros are.....small images typically carved from metal..they can also be found in wax, bone, wood, or paper. The word Milagros means miracle. Created as a thank you for an answered prayer, they can be found world wide and can be traced as far back as the classical Greek period.
Below are some samples of making the milagros and some of the 'tools' of the trade.
I still have Saturday's trade show...and, "The House of Cards" photos to post...will try to do that later. I am taking Ty today to see "Underdog" at the movies! I am way behind on reading blogs...hope to read them later...XXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

WOW, I didn't see a new post for a couple days now I had a lot to catch up. Looks like Art Affaire was a success. I love those metal worked books, love to know what tools you used. I am anxious to hear more about the event and any other classes you took.
Those dancing stars on the lake photo is AMAZING...it really sparked me an idea for some art.
Remember it's not a birhDAY it's birthday SEASON. It isn't over yet you know. heehee!!
Lots of love, hope to talk soon!
XOXO

9:29 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

You are very talented Vicci. I was admiring all of these beautiful things and then I scrolled down and saw ... CHOCOLATE CAKE!

Did you save me some??? :)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Sweetie, just catching up on your posts. You are a very busy lady..!
Love these Milagros. They are heirlooms..!
Like Lisa I loved the pictures of the lake. You captured the light and the feeling of 'being there' perfectly..
hugs
xx

4:44 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Wow just loved reading all this and nice "seeing" you..

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License