Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Outdoor Beauty




These last few days have been so nice..I could not resist taking lots of photos. The top photo is the 3 forked Mimosa (or silk tree) in the front yard. This is the home of the tree house that I can't bear to tear down...next photo is a red geranium that I planted yesterday... I know I post alot of these Quince flowers..but they are so breathtakingly beautiful...the bushes are just masses of color....
I haven't spent too much time in the studio lately...(other than to clean something)...it's been too nice outside...Andy had four days off...we spent alot of time raking...burning...weeding...putting grass seed down..I've taken lots of walks with the camera around my neck and the animals at my heels...
I've also been going through stacks of old magazines..Oprah...Living...Home Companion...Real Simple...This Old House...Handyman...Christmas...Rosie...Victoria....I am such a magazine FREAK! I can't throw all of them away...but I can weed them out...I've also been reading like crazy lately...I just finished a book ...A Storyteller's Life by Anne Chisholm. ...It's about the life of Rumer Godden..who wrote two of my favorite books....An Episode of Sparrows...and... In This House of Brede. I read both of these books when I was a teenager, and have never forgotten them.
Today..maybe art...maybe outside....maybe some of both...it's abit cooler but the sun is shining bright!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

I loved the last post of the cypress too, beautiful!
I am so jealous that you are out and about in the glorious pre-spring weather.
Red geraniums are my favorite outdoor plant. I love them in the garden, but also scattered around in pots. They are so mediterranean!!!
Please email me your snail mail Vic, mum has your addy and she is away. I need it!~
Thanks
Have a great day in the sunshine,,,Bluexoxoxo

11:40 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I love how it looks where you live. I wouldn't want to be in the house either.

I love magazines too! I will pull out only what I like, file it and then go through my files again, pull out anything that doesn't grab me. It was getting really crazy because I didn't want to part with them..... wow, maybe to much information. That would be one of the "six weird things about me list!" ha!

Have a great day what ever you decide to do!!

(((((hug)))))

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE magazines! My daughter, my son's girlfriend, Mandy's mother, and the woman across the street are in this kind of impromptu magazine exchange program where we circulate the ones we've read. Each time I visit, one of them, I come with an armload of "old" ones to trade for some I haven't read. Working in a doctor's office, I grab all the magazines and read them before they hit the waiting room, and then add them to the circulation pile. Right now, my stack of magazines to read it nearly as big as my stack of books to read. :-)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

It was nice here today too, I enjoyed playing outside in the flower beds when I got home from work. I love the quince bush,,it is so pretty! All the pics are great!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Wow, absolutely awesome photos!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Thank you for sharing all the beauty that surrounds you. You are definitely blessed to live where you do. Where some have concrete, traffic and construction(uh, me)...you have nature at her finest. Lucky,lucky you sweet friend!!
I love red geraniums, we will be doing pots of them for the front porch this year.
I have SPRING fever!
XOXOX
Love,
Lisa

8:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

wait, I just realized you said Victoria magazine??? I so wish I'd saved all mine! I have a bit of a magazine habit...eek...magazines and art supplies and art books and other books....no wonder I have no room!
XOXO

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some very beautiful photos Vicci...

Have a lovely day...

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License