Thursday, February 15, 2007

Beauty in February and Peanut Butter



It looks so beautiful outside today...crisp and clear...the sun is shining brightly among the shadows....I snapped a few photos of the primrose that I spotted coming up in the flower garden...and the outrageous Quince bush that is just a mass of color...the gigantic Quince is over 40 years old !!!
I turned the morning news on just in time to hear a warning about peanut butter...Peter Pan case/lot number 2111..turns out people have been getting sick with Salmonella and they have narrowed it down to this peanut butter...guess what!??? We just bought peanut butter last Sunday. I went out to the kitchen to check the lot number which is on the top of the lid..and sure enough the number read 2111...I immediately called the store to tell them. I didn't eat any of it...either did my Dad...but Andy had some the other day...I called him at work to tell him about it...he's feeling fine..thank goodness!
I'm going to take a nice long walk today with the animals....and work on some projects...a 6x6 canvas from Barb...and get the postcards ready to mail for Jane's swap....It's supposed to be almost 70 degrees tomorrow!!! I almost feel guilty saying it...after hearing about all the cold terrible weather in the mid-west and East....Bbbbrrrr...hope all my friends who live in those areas are keeping warm and safe...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Great pics girlie, wish I was there, only 23 degrees here right now. School closed for snow, more snow today and alot more for friday and saturday,,its getting old. Good news is its going to get up to close to 60 by the end of next week,,I am more than ready for it. Have a great day!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

What lovely flowers!!!

Thanks for sharing them...

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like only yesterday when you were having your cold snap and posting pictures of the little bird bath where the water had frozen over. Now look at things! It's still cold here, but no snow predictions to make things interesting. I'm happy you posted some colorful flowers to remind me spring's not that far off!

Oh, Vicci, I just heard about the peanut butter on the news! There are only a handful of states in the west that have not had cases reported. Everywhere else, there are reports of people getting sick. Toss that jar and switch to another brand (or lot number) to be on the safe side! I hope Andy stays okay!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I'm glad you discovered that peanut butter before any of you got sick..!
Your flowers are beautiful..I can't wait to be able to post photos of mine..
Hugs
xx

4:49 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Enjoy your good weather, do NOT feel guilty miss!!!!
Glad you didn't eat the PB. That would suck getting salmonella.
I don't want you or your Dad to get sick!!!!
xoxoxo

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

beautiful pics! It's not as shiny here as it is there but I will NOT complain.
I didn't hear about the peanut butter but,although I should be a PB purist, I admit to buying Jif. SO glad you caught it in time. NO getting sick!
I hope you enjoyed your day!!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa
I sure hope you'll want to take part in ONE World-ONE HeART!

10:44 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

Oh Vicci, it's beautiful there! And 70 degrees tomorrow? Did the world topple upside down? Here in Sunny Florida, we are looking at waking up to the 20s tomorrow! Eeeeeeks! Happy Friday, girl!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Vicci! I am so thankful you heard the warning about the peanut butter... so thankful!

The Quince bush is over 40 years old... is Beautiful! Just beautiful!

8:16 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Beautiful pics...crisp like your day! that lot of peanut butter was obviously very big. I heard on the news that up to 19 states had reported people sickened by it! we had 6 people in the hospital in my state. I am sooooo glad Andy is feeling fine! Whew!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License