Friday, January 12, 2007

Happy Things Friday


My Great Grandfather Bates...My Grandmother.
It is a very cold Friday morning...on that note I'll post the "Happy Things" to be thankful for today....
reading all night and sleeping all morning
keeping a smile on your face till the shutter clicks
the nickname "BooBoo"
fresh supplies of wood
long walks across the frozen lake to the post office
abracadabra
making mushy valentines for your lover
outdoor glow
eating alone
facial masks
snow crunching under your body, snug in its snowsuit and boots
wooden steps
experiencing much love
oatmeal raisin cookies
church lofts
beautiful things, seldom easy
scenes from old movies
cooking big chunks of juicy apples slowly with cinnamon and sugar, letting the white mist carry the smell into the day
I don't have too many plans for today except to keep the house warm....bake a cake...and work in the studio...Hope everyone has an awesome Winter Friday!!!!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Wonderful photo, your Grandma...looks like she was fun..?
I wish I was there to hang out with you for a while Vicci..
it sounds like you have the perfect day planned.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a great day ahead of you! Isn't it nice when it's so cold outside, all you want to do is stay home, be snuggly, and enjoy the warmth? I think I can smell those cinnamon apples all the way over here! Have FUN!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

what a great photo! Your lists always contain such wonderful things!
I can't believe we are finally going to meet, I am so excited!!!
XOXO
Lisa

10:54 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hey Girlie your mags are headed west now. I hope you get them quickly. Its still warm here, rain all week-end and then the very cold weather hits us on Monday. You stay warm and have fun creating!
Blogger is being mean and won't let me upload pics today.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely scent...apples and cinnamon cooking.
I always enjoy your lists, Vicci...

There are so many wonderful photos that you have been sharing. One wonders what these people were thinking...what their plans were...what their lives were like...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Wow, Vicci. What an interesting family you have there! I love your old photographs, they are priceless.
I loved your happy list too, all of those things evoke a memory of happiness...especially the cinnamon and sugar part!
xo

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License