Friday, December 08, 2006

More Things to Bring a Smile to your Face...Friday!

1. turning off all the lights except those on the Christmas tree
2. an antique red hand-stenciled wooden sled with dark pine runners
3. dry wood for kindling
4. standing at the window and seeing the snow, the flakes of crystal perfection, feathering from the sky
5. breathtaking skating over transparent ice
6. frosty nights and blue-sky days
7. knitted slippers
8. red mittens
9. stockings hung from the chimney with care
10. a walk down a pine-needled path
11. in cold weather, simmering apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, and tangerines to make the house smell cozy
12. cuddling up to your lover for warmth
I hope these bring smiles to your face...on this wondrous Friday in December....17 more days until Christmas!!! I am getting ready to go out and brave the Post Office...(wish me luck)...and to find the absolute perfect Christmas tree...(Andy and I went out last night...but I didn't see any that said.."Hey...buy me"........I will also be changing my blog over to Beta...(with alittle help from my friend..Sombra)....very soon....I will also be in my jammies...in my studio...listening to Christmas music (with some rock and roll thrown in for good measure)...flitting back and forth between there and the kitchen where I will be BAKING COOKIES!!!!! (and making lots of fudge)....oh! and HOPE...to be decorating a tree later with all handmade ornaments made by me and my friends! (with a fire in the fireplace)...and the animals looking at me like...."What the "?????? and listening to the rain and wind outside! Can it get more perfect than that????????

10 Comments:

Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Sweet Vicci~ I hope you find the best tree ever to snuggle up with Andy by while enjoting some of your fresh baked cookies! Peace & love to you this holiday season!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like heaven Vicci.Cosy and warm, doing things you enjoy, spending time with the one you love, sometimes combing the two !! ;D
Have a wonderful weekend, and good luck with the change over to Beta..

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual your list is just perfect....and it sounds as if your day will be, too. Good luck with the switch over to beta. I didn't have any problems and so far, I love it.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual your list is just perfect....and it sounds as if your day will be, too. Good luck with the switch over to beta. I didn't have any problems and so far, I love it.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual your list is just perfect....and it sounds as if your day will be, too. Good luck with the switch over to beta. I didn't have any problems and so far, I love it.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Vicci! What an idyllic day you have planned. It sounds picture perfect! I do hope that you find a tree that "speaks" to you

Again, I loved your Friday list--such a wonderful compilation of Christmas/winter happinesses! I do so enjoy all the preparations involved in Christmas and the warm, loving feeling that is in the atmosphere this time of year.

Wishing you much joy, peace, and fun in the coming days!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT list, Vicci -- my absolute favorite thing is to turn off all the lights, except for the Christmas tree, too!!! :)

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think not! sounds like a perfect day! I couden't help but chuckle about your tree story, are you kidding me!? I think I would have done the same thing, walk out! Love you sis, Button

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, Vicci...
Ahhh...those cookies sound so nice...

10:52 AM  
Blogger becca said...

In reading your post a thought came to my mind as what reply I wanted to put here. It was just going to be a very short statement and that was it. However, as usual when I get ready to post my comment, I read the other first! Again, as usual, others have made some of the same things that I wanted to say!!! How in tune we all are as people even though we have never met everyone. So, this is what I say: Vic your warmth is radiant. Take that small statement and really ponder the different ways it can be interped (oh my, how do I spell that word?!!) and know that I have thought of them...again, your warmth is radiant.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License