Friday, December 08, 2006

The Christmas Tree...

No! No! this is really NOT my tree! I was only kidding!!!! I did go to find my tree today...Here's what happened! I walked up and down...back and forth...pushed other trees aside...talked to a man looking for "HIS" perfect tree...and FINALLY!!! I spot it! So....I go inside and say to the girl at the counter...I found my tree and would like to purchase it...but, I will need some help in getting it to my car. She says...No! I'm sorry we can't do that. I say...Why??? She says because if your car gets damaged we don't want to be responsible!! I say..Okay...how about...I pay you for the tree...and later on today...I'll have someone (Andy) come down in a pick-up and get it...She says...No! we can't do that. I say once again..why not???? She says because if somebody comes along and steals that particular tree... (yes...you got it)...we don't want to be responsible.
I then say...Ya know what???? I really didn't want to buy a tree from this place anyway!! and leave.
I am back home now...with no tree...but I do have a nice big bowl of rice pudding baking in the oven...later when Andy gets home from work..we will go and GET THE TREE!!!! (not from there)...they will not get one red cent out of me now!!!
Anyway...a storm is blowing in...we are supposed to get some rain and snow...I'm starting to get excited...because I DO LOVE a good storm! Oh...and I did get my packages mailed...no long lines at all!!! I promise to post a picture of the tree...soon! (maybe).....

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Vicci. I was executing a mental 180 after the first denial of assistance. Lots of others trees in the woods.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your perfect tree is waiting somewhere else...promise!

Please keep us updated about your snow/ice. I LOVE a good storm! It's finally getting cold here, but no snow in the forecast...that I'm aware of...so I'm going to live vicariously through all of you in more wintry lands!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Alix Vicci. If it is meant for you, it won't pass you by.
You will get the special tree that is meant for you!
And I am glad you won't spend with such unaccomodating business owners.
Good for you!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't give them my money either...business must be good if they treat customers that way !
The perfect tree is waiting for you somewhere..and it's gonna be fabulous..!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't deserve to have your business, Vicci. Good for you! I'm sure you'll find an amazingly beautiful tree...somewhere else!

;-)

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am glad you didn't buy anything from them. What has happened to service?? You'll find your tree and it will be so much better than anything that tree place had to offer.

We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it....or when I get wet!!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is storming like crazy down here Vicci. You should be really inundated with it.

I wouldn't be giving them a red cent either, and I'd let all my friends up there know of your experience and suggest politely that they not go to that lot either. That is really a foul way to run a business. What about the person in a wheel chair who lives alone and wants a tree. Gads.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story Vicci! I'm glad you left. The perfect tree is out there waiting to be brougt home and adorned with love. You would think that people would have some holiday spirit but apparently that first tree farm was only about the money!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Junie Moon said...

I'm so glad you did not succomb to their ridiculous behavior. Good for you! I believe that people have forgotton good common sense these days of easy litigation. Based on their silly rules, I'm surprised they don't have a policy about tree sap dripping on your car or carpet that requires you to sign a million documents to avoid any liability on their part. Just plain crazy! I agree with the other comments here, your tree is somewhere where people are truly engaged in the spirit of Christmas.

6:24 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Sadly, there are probably jerks out there that have sued over damage from trees being loaded up for them. It's a shame. They could allow local HS kids, with no affiliation to them, to offer tree loading services ofr a 'tip' or something.
Hope you got the tree that was 'Meant To Be!'

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License