Monday, July 24, 2006

More Garden beauty....and soon to be ripe figs..every year the figs get ripe, and I don't know what to do with them! Does anyone have any good recipes using figs!??
The heat has been sweltering....it is so so HOT...the only thing you can do is try to keep cool...that means lots of water...and gatorade...lots of getting in the pool...and lots of watering the flowers...then turning the hose on myself....it's miserable..the whole state is baking! My poor Dad....he got way too hot on Saturday...and being stubborn he wasn't drinking enough fluids...I had to call 911..and they took him to the hospital for an IV...and make sure he was okay...that is how I spent Saturday...Sunday my son brought an air-conditioner over for his bedroom...so now he is nice and comfortable...this heat is just way too much...especially for the elderly....I feel so sorry for those people...especially if they have to suffer without any air conditioning...
The town looks like a ghost town....nobody wants to go out shopping in this heat....You can see it shimmering in the air...and it's hard to breathe...An and I tried to buy another air conditioner but they are SOLD OUT...EVERWHERE!!!!! They already have Fall...and Christmas stuff out in alot of the stores....Can you believe that? ...Who in the hell can think about Christmas when it's 110 degrees outside???!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What to do with figs? Eat them all and enjoy everysingle one of them. It is called a fruit fast. You have fun, never get tired of the food and with figs you'll definitely loose because they tend to ..... well you know. LOL
Enjoy the sauna tonight.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I hope your dad is doing ok now that he has some a/c. It is just so hot and it's definitely slowing me down a lot! I have no energy.

Can't help you with the figs. I try to avoid anything having to do with a kitchen!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License