Tuesday, April 25, 2006

atc and asparagus

Another atc.....I am on a "atc making kick"....I need to get going on the tag book and a few other swaps...I will probably wait until the last minute! Still no sun here...I heard on the news this morning that this is the 51st day of temps below normal.....maybe we will have a late Summer!
Last weekend down in Stockton they held there annual Asparagus Festival...the days before this event (which is huge) they kept showing pictures on TV of people eating deep fried asparagus with parmesan cheese sprinkled on it...it looked so good! Last night I decided to make some with the recipe that I found on the web (Stockton's recipe)....It was absolutely delicious!!! So...I am sharing it here with you...if you are an asparagus lover ....you will FLIP over this!
Deep Fried Asparagus
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup flour
1 teas salt
1/4 teas black pepper
1/2 teas white pepper
1/2 teas celery salt
1/2 teas celery salt
1/2 teas baking soda
1 teas baking powder
2 egg whites
2/3 cup cold flat beer
3 ponds (2 cups) raw, whole asparagus, cleaned and cut above the white end
Mix all the ingrediants except asparagus in a bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Dip asparagus individually in the batter and deep fry them in at least 2-inches of peanut oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

OH! You went to the asparagus festival? My friend Biene went too. One of these days I'll get there. Loved getting the recipe. I'll try it this week. Hugs, Annie

11:00 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I love this ATC!

And that's one thing I've never heard of...fried asparagus. Sounds good though!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License