Friday, September 23, 2005


Here are some of the awesome photos that I took on my trip to the old cemeteries in the area. This is one of my favorites from the Union Cemetery located on Bee St. This cemetery is old...and very large...I remember going to this cemetery with some of my friends when we first moved to this area in the early sixties...it is quite abit larger now.....even though this cemetery is old...it is the "newest" of the cemeteries that I visited. This little angel was hidden underneath a tree in the shade and when I spotted her my heart just melted....she is so beautiful. This was the first of many trips I plan to take with the new camera...I went very early in the morning on Wednesday and Thursday...and visited 2 cemeteries each day...the first day I went to The Smithflat Cemetery and to the Uppertown Cemetery....the second day I visited St. Patricks and Union....it was so peaceful and quiet and very serene in all the cemeteries that I visited and I loved the trip...there are lots more very old graveyards in the county and I plan on visiting all of them at some time. Scroll down and you will see more photos. I plan on posting lots more photos from my trips. One more thing...I did see lots of graves of people that I knew...and names that I knew from some of the older families in the area...I saw one grave of a boy I knew in High School that died in the Viet Nam War...that was sad. Cemeteries are all about memories...good and bad...it helps us to bring back all the souls that have gone before us...because our memories never die. Here is some of my journey...... (of memories).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License