Thursday, June 15, 2006

How to Pit a Cherry (if you don't have a cherry pitter)

I looked everywhere for my cherry pitter....as usual I couldn't find it...so I decided to look "cherry pits" up on Google.....I found this paragraph that said if you don't have a cherry pitter to use a paper clip....fold it in half (like picture )..use the small end for smaller cherries and the larger end for larger cherries...poke it through the top of the cherry....and WAL-LA...pull out the cherry pit! Guess what???? It works GREAT! Amazing huh??!!!!! I pitted 5 cups of cherries in no time. Don't forget to wear gloves or you will have brown stained hands from the cherry juice....The pie is in the oven....it smells wonderful...I'll post a photo of the Cherry Pie later.....mmmmmmmmm!

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

What a fun bunch of entries Vicci. Hummm, cherry pie. I'm licking my chops.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Darius said...

I used to make a lot of those things when I was a bored kid in the back of the class, just didn't know what to do with them.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Kristen Robinson said...

All I can say is thank you for this I have a byunch of cherries I need to pit for cherry ice cream.

9:36 AM  
Blogger kestypes said...

Having found myself with 2 kilos of cherries and no cherry pitter, i found your little gem. ANd might i say it works like a treat. It was easy, didn't damage the cherry, and who doesn't have a paperclip. thanks so much. I'm going to try it and see if it works with olives.

2:11 PM  
Blogger julitag said...

Thanks for the info! I've been to three local stores and not one had a hand-held pitter - the kitchen store just had an expensive electric type. Thanks to your tip we're having cherry crisp for dessert!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the paperclip... that's a loser... use a paint can opener... curled end... now that works!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License