Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day to an Old Salt.....

Here is my Dad .....90yrs. old and going strong....He got the new hat today for his trip to the coast with my brother over the 4th of July... and even though it's in the high 90's outside he insisted on wearing a sweater...you don't argue with anyone who is in their 90's either!
He's an old sailor...and proud of it...served in The Battle of the Java Sea....He's a hard-working man...can build anything...(I'll post a photo of one of his model boats that he built from scratch)...He's a great Dad...soft-spoken...and never has a mean word to say about anything...or anybody...He has tons of patience...(he had to with us 4 kids).....He loves animals...He loved his wife of 67years very much...and he loves his kids....He loves the ocean and boats and anything to do with them...He loves locomotives and airplanes and reading...and Nascar....and football....His favorite thing is when all his kids and grankids get together....I am so proud of him...and so grateful that I still have him in my life...Thank-You Dad for EVERYTHING...Happy Father's Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh Vicci,,what a wonderful tribute to you Dad. That made me cry. My Father passed away almost 20 years ago when I was pregnant with Kalyn. You Dad sure doesn't look 90,,and his being so active sounds like its keeping him young. Telling him he looks very spiffy in his new hat!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Vicci - more twinning between you and me. My dad was a career sailor as well. He was at Pearl Harbor. And my mom is always cold. Wears a sweat shirt year round.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License