Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's a BAKING kinda Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Holiday Triple Chocolate Yule Logs
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teas. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 teas. vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate sprinkles
1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt; set aside.
2. Beat butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Cover and chill dough at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Form dough into i-inch balls. Shape each ball into 2-inch logs about 1/2 inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 12 minutes or until set. Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks; cool completely.

5. Place white chocolate chips in small bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Place chocolate sprinkles in another bowl. Dip each end of cooled cookie into chocolate and then into sprinkles. Return to wire racks; let stand until chocolate is set, about 25 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Yesterday Andy and I braved the crowds and did some shopping...I feel lots better today because I did manage to get quite abit done..Last evening I got it all wrapped! I do still have some last minute things to get...plus the grocery shopping...but the most part of next week will be devoted to COOKIES! Hope everyone is loving the festive spirit..and surrounding themselves with LOVE and PEACE...oh! and lots COOKIES!!!!!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look delish as always Vicci!
I'm off to spend the day with DH, in that little place I told you about. Talk to you later..
xxoo

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! I can just imagine all the goodies piling up in your kitchen right now...the aromas of cinnamon and chocolate and rich, sweet butter.

We are SO close, aren't we, Vicci? The countdown continues...

11:09 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Those sound so yummie! I think am close to finish on my the X-mas shopping. I sent you something yesterday,,I hope you like it Girlie!
xoxoxoox

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've missed you and now I am trying to catch up. You are all that is happy and bright about this season my friend. My mom used to make a chocolate yule log years ago....this looks soooo yummy!
I bet the scents and sounds are joyous in your home! I wish we lived just a wee bit closer...I would love to come and soak it all in. It is my goal that we get together after the new year!!
Love and hugs,
Lisa

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM! I'll be making a batch of these today. I even have all the stuff, including (wonder of wonders) the white chocolate! I made a huge batch of chocolate Tabasco cookies yesterday and had to hide the last tray of them or they'd have been gone this morning.

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I'm gonna try to do some Christmas Magic and grab some of those cookies out of the monitor. Don't be upset if the next time you look the plate is empty...

;-)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License