Sunday, November 26, 2006

Molded Scotch Shortbread

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to temp. recommended by shortbread mold manufacturer. Spray 10-inch ceramic shortbread mold with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well blended.
Press dough firmly into mold. Bake, cool and remove from mold according to manufacturer's directions.
Note: If shortbread mold is not available, preheat oven to 350...Shape Tab. of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; press with fork to flatten. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like lunch to me...!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You are hereby officially declared the Queen of Everything Cookie. I wish I lived closer and could sit and have a cup of tea and one of these lovely little shortbreads with you!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh ooh YUM! shortbread is my favourite!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Yummmmm, wow. This looks great. Neat shortbread mold. And cookie molds in prior post!

I put on a crock-pot of veggie soup today as we come out of the stuffing phase of Thanksgiving; need some simple healthy purifying!

Next, Christmas!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH this looks so gorgeous and yummy all at once. I see you saw the Cat card Cat made me. Is that the most beautiful thing in the world. It is going right into my cat collection, not my ATC's. No way! I cannot believe it is just mine as an RAK. You try to steal it and I'll be sneaking in your studio window to get it back. Now I'm going to go really study this recipe and see if maybe I can make it.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw your post about the sock exchange. Today is 11/26/07 and I too am not sure about doing it. You posted it 11/10. I have too many socks already and I only wear white or black or brown solid colored ones. Wouldn't really want funky ones. Sorry Vic broke the chain by mistake, but would have anyway.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci!
These look so good...I love shortbread. I will have to try this one!
Hope you are well :)
I'll put the kettle on...

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that look yummmmmmm, or what?!?

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! Yummy, yummy!!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm....this looks soooooooooo good :o)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Vicci...thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment:-) Your shortbread recipe is a bit different from mine so I'll have to try it your way next time! I'm now going to read your other posts:-) Take care and hope to see you again!!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License