Friday, September 22, 2006

Some Angels Live in Jars !!!!!!!!


Remember I was telling you yesterday about my glass assemblage that was lost in the mail...Well...I spent all morning yesterday tracking it down! I talked to representatives...managers...regional managers...neighbors...until finally I was told that the driver dropped it off on someone's doorstep...(not mine)...the driver's note said the house was across from a winery...had a wide drive-way...and was green in color....soooooo...since I had to go run an errand....I decided to look for this house myself! To make a long story short..I found the house! My package was sitting on their front porch....nobody was home...I took it! An hour or so later when I got home...here comes the DHL delivery truck...I told him I got the package....he was happy....I was happy.....and here is my precious little "Angel in a Jar"...made by my friend Barbara Smith...Isn't she adorable!!??? I just love her...I love how Barbara used cotton for the clouds...and the little gold stars, and wings... the look on the angel's face is so sweet...Thank-you Barbara!!!!! Talk about hitting the jackpot this week on getting "Goodies"...all the garage sales....thrift stores....packages....I made out like a little bandit!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

WOW what an ordeal but she was surely worth it. What a great treasure and it's also very inspiring...I have twelve jars with those lock thingies for a lid (outlet choccie place had them)....that is a great idea to do in a couple of them for gifts.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Wow!! Now that's what I call good luck! That angel should have a place of honor because she was definitely meant for you. Sitting out there all alone on someone else's doorstep, she still waited for you to come find her.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Sounds just like a Fairy Tale to me. Obviously this Fairy needed to do some blessings over there at the other house it visited. One can never truly believe a fairy belongs to just one person. Be sure to leave a little space between the lit and the jar so this one can get out and go about her business from time to time. She obviously has places to go, things to do and people to see. But she sure looks like she is happy to live with you Vicci Ann. Yes a true Fairy Tale.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

she is adorable! lucky you !

3:50 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

That is so pretty,,,I know you will treasure that girlie!! I like how you snatched back from the wrong addy,,lol.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Babsarella said...

Glad she found her way to you!!! Oh, BTW, you can open up the jar and adjust the cotton if she starts to move forward or back. Just put a bit more of it on the sides to kind of wedge her straight.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License