Thursday, September 21, 2006


I love getting mail! I've been expecting a package from one of my swaps...a glass assemblage. Barbara Smith and I swapped fairies in a jar....a package came yesterday...I assumed it was my little fairy...at the time I was busy baking cupcakes....so I set the package in the art room...
Well......SURPRISE!!!!!!!
Last year I made a trip to Modesto to meet a bunch of friends from one of my art groups...We each picked a name and traded keys...we were told to send something to our partner using the key. I sent my partner Penne an altered book...."Life things" happen...I never did get my key. Sooooo....yesterday when I opened my package I found this beautiful cigar box purse!!!! You guessed it! It was from Penne....see the key on the front of the purse (left side)....this only goes to show you that "good things do come to those who wait"!!!!! The purse is also covered with beeswax....sooo cool! Thank-you so much Penne! I LOVE it!
Now....about the fairy jar from Barbara....it was mailed on the 12th....I haven't received it yet...soooo....I get the tracking page this morning from DHL....it said they left it on my doorstep on the 18th! I don't know who's doorstep they left it on...but, IT WAS NOT MINE !!!! I just can't believe the mail systems and delivery systems around here at times....DUH!!??? My family has lived in this same house for over 40 years....you would think that by now...they could GET IT RIGHT!!!!!! Anyway...maybe my little fairy will make it to me one of these days.....on to happier things....I'm cleaning out the art room to make a space for the new hutch! I'm going down to get it on Saturday morning!!!! I can't wait to start putting things away!!!! YES !!!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

My mailman/UPS guys do the same thing! So far I've been lucky and nothing has been lost. I hope your angel jar shows up eventually.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too hope it shows up soon. that purse is neat.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

oh no....doggone delivery people...do you suppose the fairy got out of the jar and flew away??
1. the angel and the olive pot....you sure have some great yard sales in your area. I may have to go there to find treasures.
2. How wonderful your cigar purse surprise is. I LOVE mail!
3. I so know how it is to get the art studio in a more cohesive order...word of warning...it never ends up staying that way.
4. I am right there with you about books floor to ceiling...I have mine all over the place due to lack of space.
5. can't wait to see the cabinet in place!
XOXO
Lisa

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I'm so glad you got it. I was worried the coyotes draged the box off your porch. Speaking of getting in the mail: I got your sweet gift to me. I carefully opened the tube (from the garage sales) and rolled out all the roses (Amanda: My perfect rose) and then 3 layers of real nice paper (not sure of the name there), got a ticket I'll treasure forever, almost cried, thought it was just a paper doily rolled with ribbon to hold the ticket: couldn't stand my curiosity though, untied it, unrolled it and got your really nice message. Yes, I like it all, can you tell by the detail. I put it all back together and will cherish it forever.

(((((((vicci ann)))))))

7:27 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

You lucky girl getting that beautiful angel so cheaply. |You must have some amazing places to shop over there, some of our charity shops are becoming very expensive to buy in, they would sell more if they lowered their prices. Can't wait to see your hutch in situ, you'll have to post some pics of it. Your booksheleves look like mine books crammed everywhere. Love the cigar box purse too.

7:47 AM  
Blogger becca said...

who would have ever thought that was originally a cigar box?! beautiful modified cigar box, bet it wont hold cigars anymore!! yep girlfriend, tomorrow is the BIG day!! will leave here about 9 to pick you up...see ya then. wish us luck on the card games tonight. see ya in the morning!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

oOoOoOo I read it wrong. You got one box but the missing one is still missing. Sorry it is. It will show up, or maybe the fairy is just out there free floating about your garden.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

This is wowzers and way more than I would have imagined doing. What a surprise.

I never got my key. So sad. sniff-sniff. I also sent mine out a couple month after getting it but never heard anything back about it being received. More sniffing and snuffling.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Babsarella said...

SERIOUSLY AWESOME BAG!!!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License