Thursday, August 31, 2006

Me and My Mom

I am missing my Mom today.....I miss her everyday...but somedays I will see a photo...or read something in one of my journals..or do something that we both loved...,and the pain of missing her will be in my heart ten-fold.....Today it was looking through some of my old journals and coming across this photo...and reading these words of Thanks to her....
1.for making birthdays special.
2. teaching me that men and women are equals...that women have minds of their own...and never put up with "any crap" from a man.
3. for babysitting for me....alot.
4. crying with me at sad movies...sad times...or sad books.
5.your smile.
6. your beautiful young looking skin.
7. letting me wear your clothes and shoes.
8. saving all the cards I made for you.
9. laughing with me...always.
10. telling me stories about our family.
11. being "cool" and not stuffy.
12. getting the giggles with me.
13. teaching me how to cook..and making the best rice pudding.
14.how to be generous and compassionate.
15.about peonies and roses.
16. about babies.
17. about rosaries and Italy...:"the romance of it".
18. how to keep my eyebrows perfect.
19. for getting my long hair untangled from the beaters full of frosting.
20. the importance of family.
21. the spirit of Christmas...(that you loved so).
22. about God and prayer.
23. for calling me "Sis" with affection.
24. for sitting on my bed with me and listening to opera.
25. for bringing me breakfast and 7-up in bed when I didn't feel good.
Thank-you so much Mom...for all of these things and hundreds more!

8 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

My mom died many years ago and I still think of her. There are times when I think "oh, I better call mom and tell her about...."

Your list shows a loving relationship with your mom. And the photo is great. You look like her.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Girlie,,that brought alot of tears for me. I just don't know what I will do when I lose my Mom,,,you and your Mom sounded so much like me and my Mom. What a great idea for the journal for you Mom,,your so creative!!!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes indeed I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I sure do miss her too, so many things I would love to share with her. I beleive she knows anyway. I think she knows now even more how much I love her. love you honey, your little big sis

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok -- now I'm crying. I love this post soooo much:-) It's a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady (I love that photo). Motherhood is so special. I still have my mom but will always look back at this post to remember how much she has contributed to my life. Beautiful post Vicci.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

kisses, kisses, kisses & hugs, hugs, hugs - I hope you can feel them from down here.
my mum is still alive & I dread the day she passes.
Keep journalling about her & those memories will appear in the pages.
take care, ms*vicci xo

8:18 PM  
Blogger becca said...

Vic this is a beautiful pic of you and your mom. I'm glad you had the relationship you had with her, and all of you kids had a wonderful relationship with her...and your dear dad as well. If you remember, I had that chance just one time to meet her before she went home, but things were so crazy then, and due to her not having a good day that day, I really didn't get to meet her. Gave her some gifts though!! However, it pleases me to know that even though I never actually met her, sometimes something that I say or do reminds your sis of her. I think that is pretty amazing and I love it when she tells me when I have said or done something, that it reminds her of her Mom. I told her that maybe that is her way of showing her that she is still with her. Know what I mean? I feel honored that she would use me as a tool to touch her daughter in little ways and let her know that she truly indeed loves her still, just as she does you and Tina and Larry. A precious lady she had to have been, no doubt. I love her too!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

19. for getting my long hair untangled from the beaters full of frosting. I need to hear this story in person. You know I think you are so lucky to feel this way about your Mom. I remember her calling you "sis" all the time. Gram K called my mother "sis" too. Interesting huh?
Are you going to join Miss*R in her Chocolate swap. I am going to and I have no idea how it works at all. LOL What am I into with this whole blog world. Bid on a piece of the Singleton's art too.

9:18 PM  
Blogger SC said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. X

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License