Friday, August 11, 2006

F is for Family

Happy Free-day everyone! It's to the Vets for me today...with Toby in tow...he has one of those dreaded fox-tails in his ear! I have lots of art work to do...I'm working on a calendar...a CD swap...a decorated envelope swap, and I must do the art card for the challenge deck...the theme is repetition! I'm still cleaning the studio...it takes so much time to sort through paper!
I turned on the news this morning, and channel 6 was broadcasting the George Harrison concert "Live from Bangladesh"...it's been 35 years (on August 1) that this concert first took place...Can you believe that??!!!! I had just turned 21 years old...and was about ready to give birth! (Tony was born on Sept. 8).... time goes by sooooo fast! Where were you, and what were YOU doing in August of 1971 ???????????

3 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

1971 - hmmn - I was 28, the mother of an 8 year old and a 3 year old, living in Illinois. I remember this concert and all the "hoopla" over it. In some ways it seems like just a few years ago. Time really does fly!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

35 years ago, that is incredible, it doesn't seem that long ago. In August 1971 I had just completed my first year at art college and I was in Edinburgh with my boyfriend staying with friends. xx

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

If you were 21, I was 25. I was living in my 19 ft diameter Teepee (never can spell that right) on the Albion River outside of Mendocino, CA. I was living with a bunch of Ohm sayers and wearing a lot of white and living out the last of my hippy days. I also lived up in the Sierra Nevada Mts in that teepee with my dog and 2 cats. Fun memories.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License