Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer Flowers


I heard on the news this morning that the next two weeks are supposed to be the hottest weeks of our Summer.....oh yuk! It's been really hot...and I feel like melting! The heat just zaps me of any energy! I haven't done any art work...partly because the studio is the hottest room in the house...but today...I'm going to brave it...I need to do some theme cards...one of the themes is Alice In Wonderland...and I'm having a hard time with this one...Alice In Wonderland was never one of my favorites. I also need to do 8 pages for an accordian book...the theme is "ART"....I hope I can get a start today. We took Shaquille in yesterday to the Vets for his tube removal...and check-up...he is doing good...I do have to continue giving him his antibiotics, and he still has to wear his collar for 5 more days..(which he hates). The picture above on the left is the Oleander bush in the front yard...the picture was taken from underneath looking up at it...it is very old...and very HUGE........the one on the right is coneflowers and carnations in the flower garden..oh! last night we picked the first yellow squash from the veggie garden...pretty soon we will have all kinds of veggies coming out our ears!
I'm gonna go make a start on some art....I think that will make me feel better...I feel so blah on these hot days....

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I totally relate with you about the hot days. I have no energy when it's hot, and my workroom is also the hottest room in our house!

The oleander is gorgeous....love the color.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Your flowers look so good for it to be so hot. Mine seem to still shout for rain,,lol. I have been doing alot of art this past week. My workroom also gets hot but I have a big fan in there and that helps,,stay cool chicky!!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I love your summer flowers, especially love the colours in the top photograph. I have some similiar flowers, over here they are called salvias and penstemons. Oh I love Alice in Wonderland, you could alwasy have a cool caterpillar smoking a hookah. Love xx

5:43 PM  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Vicci it is so cold down here I think it is going to snow! :o) just thought I would tell you that lol lol
Hello from Australia.

Enjoy your summer I wish I was there! your blog is lovely and I just popped in from another lovely blog.
best wishes to you

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License