Thursday, May 11, 2006

Poem for my Mom on This Thursday.....


You were my mother and my friend,
Which was unusual.
Somehow our characters still blend;
Your wisdom and my will.

I turned, and you were there for me;
I spoke, you understood.
I felt cared for, but also free;
You loved, and I was good.

I'm fortunate that I was born
To someone just like you;
I LOVE you still. Though you are gone,
You live in what I do.

author unknown........
This is a photo of my Mom...taken in 1939...
My Mom died on May 13th...(Mother's Day)... 6 years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don't wish I could see her face...and talk to her. This poem today...is for you MOM.

11 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

My mom's been gone 5 1/2 years and Mother's Day is still the hardest day of the year for me in dealing with her loss. This poem made me cry, but I'm glad to have read it.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I am certain she smiles on you.

7:51 AM  
Blogger jenclair said...

I've been tearing up all week. This will be my first Mother's Day without my mother, and the grief keeps seeping through. Your poem resonates deeply...

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a perfect mother's day poem. I'm sorry your mother isn't with us anymore, but I'm sure she's watching over you (and reading your blog -- so watch out what you write!).

10:28 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Wonderful tribute to your mom. No doubt she'd be proud of the woman you've become!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Wonderful tribute to an obviously wonderful Mom. Love the old photograph too.

7:20 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this poem is wonderful. i am so glad you shared it. and this missing...it never ends does it?
thinking of you...

10:02 PM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

i was already feeling sensitive today, but this has sent me over the edge! how beautiful!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a wonderful poem for our mom. I sure do miss her, thinking about her so much.

7:32 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

this is so beautiful vicci! i love it!

10:31 AM  
Blogger vicci said...

Thanks to everyone for your beautiful comments...I appreciate them so....vicci

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License