Monday, January 07, 2008

Winter Storm


I took this photo on Friday afternoon...right in the middle of a very bad storm....sometimes we have power....sometimes we have no phone service (which affects the computer)...we've been turning it off due to power surges...everything is a mess....the high winds caused many limbs and branches to fall...which are scattered everywhere....sometimes it snows....then turns to heavy rain...it's a total 'mud pit' out in the yard....we are getting a break today...but its cloudy and dark...another storm is due tomorrow....the wind was so strong that the huge old pine trees were swaying and singing in the wind....which I love...I sat outside all bundled up on the back porch watching mother nature do her thing....
I'm taking down the Christmas tree today...wrapping each glass ornament in tissue.....hope all my California friends weathered the storm okay........I know lots of people are still without power.

10 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

We had lots of rain and wind, and this morning there was snow on the mountains around us but nothing at our elevation. I've been wondering about you and what you've been doing. Haven't heard much from you in awhile. Stay warm and safe.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh I've been thinking about you since the storms came in and we watched Tahoe on TV. Bad stuff. Glad you are OK.
My Christmas is all down, and now I'm trying to clean out closets.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I sure thought about you when I heard about the storms. We are suppose to get some severe ones today. I am finally getting settled in my new house, stop by my blog sometimes when the weather calms down for you. Miss you!!!!
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

5:11 AM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

The wold west coast has been getting such big and bad storms this year. Luckily they loose some of their punch when they reach here, but the west and south east are suffering as is the wildlife in the mountains there.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Batten down the hatches Vic! Hang on girl!
I had no idea it was so bad.
Happy New Year lovely you!!!
Just popping in to let you and Dad know I think of you often.
xoxo
Gillian

8:06 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I have been thinking about you too Vicci! Everytime the news comes on and discusses what is going on in Placerville... I stop in my tracks!

We never losed our power... I am so grateful!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I'm so thinking about you and concerned to be sure. I read that El Dorado Co. has been declared to be a disaster area (or some such term)due to black outs from this endless weather. Tomorrow it is supposed to lighten up (sunshine) finally. This has been a long haul. Email me when you read this to tell me you are OK and my Uncle Bruce is warm and healthy too.

Love ya Cuz

5:16 PM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

I wish we'd have winter. Right now we're just having summer with no leaves on!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

I was thinking of you...only good thoughts...it was bad in MY area I can imagine yours! Especially with snow! Hugs

6:26 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Strange weather everywhere in N.America this week. We had high winds and warm rain, melting all the snow..!
Hope you are well..?
love Sheila
xo

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License