Monday, June 18, 2007

Apricot-Pineapple Jam/ Weekend





The jars are sterilized and ready to fill....the cots and pineapple are boiling away...the jam is all made....and I still have tons of apricots on the tree! If I have time I'll make another batch this week....I can't stand to see the apricots go to waste.
What a busy weekend.....and looks like my week will be busy also...I might not have time to comment on all my favorite blogs...but...please know that I do check-in on all of you...and I LOVE all of you...my blogging friends!
It turns out that my Son's injury was worse than we at first thought...he actually broke his leg one and a half inches up from his ankle ...spiral compound fracture of the fibula.....dislocated foot...and tendon damage...SO....on Wednesday he will be having surgery....the orthopedist will be putting a large screw through the ankle....and a plate with 8 more screws where the break is on the fibula....after surgery he starts physical therapy.....I will be helping him out as much as possible...
I did manage to get some art finished...will be mailing some "stuff" today...and got a lovely vintage package in the mail from Marilyn...I'll be working on some book pages for my round robin swap...and some fabric atc's for Lenna....

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son Vicci! I hope his surgery is an amazing success.

I love the sound of your jam! I adore apricots and would never have thought to use them with pineapple, brilliant.

Thank you again for my amazing flower pots, they fill me with such joy. I should have time by the end of the week to get some potting soil and new beautiful herbs for them. Thank you!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Vicci, how awful for your son...speedy recovery.

Lilies and jam look yummy.:)

The weather in PP was actually hot this weekend but nice.
XXOO

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

Apricots and pineapple..my two favorite things! it looks yummy.
Hope all goes well.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I hope your son's surgery goes well. It sounds like a big op..?
You are one of the busiest ladies I know, and I thank you for taking the time to visit me !!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Oh jam@! Yummy lishus.
Poor Tony! That sucks big ones about the leg. Too bad. Sending healing light!!!
xoxo
Love you too Missy!
xoxoxoxoxox

12:29 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Oh darn. Sorry to hear about your son...great pics on the jelly jams.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh, your son's injury sounds painful. I hope all goes well with his surgery. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

That jam looks delicious. Do you have any home baked bread to go with it??

5:26 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

mmhhhh...jam...!! ...mmmhhh..yummy!!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Yikes, are you ever busy! That is a lot of repair in your son's leg! And you still got art done! What an inspiration!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Someone is getting busy again!!!!
Did you save the cots and pine jam for me? Bung the kettle on Viccers, it's tea time!
xo
Blue!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

You are jammin' girl!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License