Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day

Happy May Day....May Day can be observed to celebrate the return of passion and vitality that we feel as the weather grows warmer and the world grows greener. You can celebrate by filling your home with flowers...or blessing your garden. This is a good way to celebrate the end of Winter's darkness and ruminate on what the light-filled days of the coming months may bring. (Taken from the "Daily Om"). I'm going to celebrate May Day today by working out in the garden...and doing some atc's for a swap..the theme is "In the Garden". The weather is absolutely PERFECT!!!!! I remember when I first came to visit my Grandmother here in California...this was back in the fifties. My Grandmother was a school teacher and taught school in a one room school house. On the play ground (which was dirt) at the school there was a may pole....instead of ribbons hanging from it there were chains with handles at the ends...they were spaced at the top...and the kids would each grab a handle and swing around the pole...It was the first time I had ever seen one of these...and I was in awe of it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO remember May Day Poles when I was a kid and dances we did! Those were fun days!

Loved the photo!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I always wanted to make one of these, And be in one as well, lovely image!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License