Sunday, March 26, 2006

So Much Beauty in the OLD.....

It rained all night and most of the day on Saturday...between some breaks in the clouds Andy and I went here to "The Old Zeisz Brewery" ruins so I could take some pictures....The Zeisz Brewery Ruins are all that remain of a once extensive brewery establishment run by Bavarian brewer Jacob Zeisz. The building was built in 1862, and from within its stone walls came a fine brew from pure Sierra water. It was torn down in 1966, and today only portions of the wine vault and upper floors remain, crumbling away in a parking lot located at 658 Main St. in Placerville....I felt like I was in Ireland among some old castle ruin....the rocks were dripping with wetness...still shrouded in a fine mist..and dark green moss was shining in the little bursts of sun that would peek through the light and dark clouds...I could explore places like this all day....my imagination running wild...and LOVING it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Amazing. In all my 20+ years of visiting Placerville, I have never seen this. Next time I am there I will search it out. Also the old cemetary. Wonderful photos, Vicci.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful photos. I also wanted you to know am looking forward to seeing your ATC's. I have been sort of absent from our group blog and just wanted you to know personally I am catching up and reading all the posts.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

These are all soooooooooo beautiful! You really are a spectacular photographer!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This brings back memories! I took a photo of this very sign, way back when and did a big watercolor of it! Thanks Vicci--love your blog!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License