Thursday, February 02, 2006


Oh!!!! I just LOVE this photo!!! This is my Grandmother "Edna Mae"...she was born in Verdi Nevada..she was a true pioneer woman. I remember staying out at her ranch..and her killing a rattlesnake with a shovel...
She could do anything. She also went to college and was a schoolteacher until her retirement. She was also one of the BEST cooks...she taught me how to make jams and jellies on her back porch in the Summertime on an old vintage stove...we picked the blackberries for the jam right in her backyard..She had chickens...a horse, (Midnight)...dogs...and wild cats that only she could get close enough to feed. At one time her and my grandpa had sheep. They had a big walnut orchard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Now THIS is a great one!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License