Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Beauty of Lilies





I am so excited....I've been watching my lilies from the time they sprouted up through the soil. They grew....and grew taller....and grew taller with lots of elongated buds almost ready to open...This morning (like every morning) I stepped outside to greet the day...Lo and Behold...some of the beautiful buds are open....and the majestic yellow lilies are greeting the morning sun....they are awesome! I (of course) ran in the house to get the camera...and started to take pictures from every angle you can imagine....here are some of my favorite shots...
This morning I decided to mow the front lawn before it got too hot....I pulled the cord...and it broke...so now...Ty and I are off to Home Depot to get a new universal handle and cord for power lawn mowers!!!! I was just there yesterday looking for wallpaper....(which our local home depot does not carry)..grrrrr.....I did walk away with a new plant...a Lily of the Nile....I've been wanting one of those for a long time! The HOT Summer is FINALLY here....triple digits are upon us....the pool is calling my name....

12 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

One of my favorite flowers! Your photos are gorgeous.

It was supposed to be triple digits here but so far it's only made it to about 92ยบ....I'm not complaining!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

That yellow lilly want to make me just sit down an do a watercolor! The sun shinning through the pedal, oh my....lovely!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I love these pictures! Vicci, they are so beautiful.
I just love photos of flowers!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!! This photo made me gasp! Oh!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

All your flowers are fabulous Vicci, and the view you have is breathtaking. I envy you the mountains, it is very flat here..
hugs
xx

5:01 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

I always sneak a picture of this one garden in our area with the most beautiful white Calla lilies, they are just breathtaking! Your photos are amazing. My mauve calla lily from last year didn't make it. Hope you have dip to cool off.

Hugs Sherrie

6:50 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

What is a Lily of the Nile? Sounds perfectly Egyptian. Please post a photo of it!
xloveyao

9:11 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Wow vicci those are gorgeous. I use to have some Stargazer bulbs but they are gone...darn it...years ago they would bloom and the fragrane would fill the air. I think you spend way too much time at Home Depot. You should be on your blog posting more pics..LOL...now get home...sandy

8:46 AM  
Blogger gma said...

The lilies are beautiful....and you did a great job photographing them.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I Love the Lillies,,,so pretty,,I have orange ones,,no yellows but would love some. Hope your staying cool girlie!!!
xoxoxoxoxooxox

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Your lilies are beautiful! Breath taking and lovely.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

flowers all over! I love sitting in my own garden birds are singing and stiching outside.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License